AAK flaked fats are solid shortenings crystallised into a free-flowing form, delivering a wide range of benefits.
First of all, they are cleaner, safer and faster to use than solid fat blocks. They can also be used to improve the texture of finished goods. Depending on the product or process, flaked fats can make your product lighter, airier, crispier or creamier.
They can provide layering without lamination, act as an effective moisture barrier and help you to adjust melt profiles. Fat flakes are great carriers of flavour and colour, which they spread evenly throughout the mix. They are available in different thicknesses and with added natural colour or flavour.
If you would like to learn more about AAK flaked fat solutions, please contact our Customer Innovation team.
Why choose flaked fats?
- Improve texture – make your product lighter, airier, crispier or creamier
- Enhance colour and flavour
- Streamline your process – make it cleaner, safer and faster
- Achieve layering without lamination
- Develop an effective moisture barrier
- Adjust your melt profile